Konkani Charitable Fund, Inc.
43 Spray Court Bayport, NY 11705
Registered Charity under 501 (3)(c)
Now in existence for over Eight years, Konkani Charitable Fund (KCF) continues to strive to expand its programs and offerings to the Konkanis with limited access to the means and resources, in India. It is our mission to fund and assist orphanages, old age homes in India, provide educational scholarships, organize health camps and food drives for needy and deserving Konkani brethren. To fulfill this endeavor we need continued support and backing by generous patrons like you. We hope that you will be able to contribute to one or more of the many charitable causes and experience first hand the pride and pleasure derived from supporting these noble causes.
During 2013, donations to KCF amounted to $151,000. During 2014 donations to KCF amounted to $192000. During 2015 donations to KCF amounted to $ 252,000. With your help we hope to collect even more donations this year.
Aruna & Ram Acharya's daughter Medha had a Dance Performance to raise funds for Konkani charitable fund in the Bay area. With help from Veena Kamath & several volunteers, they staged Arpana Indian Classical & Contemporary Dance Extravaganza in Palo Alto on Sat ,29th August 2015. It was a sold out performance . They raised an incredible amount of $ 33000 for Konkani Charitable fund. Our special thanks to the star of the show Medha Acharya. Hope we can have similar fund raising events in other part of the country on behalf of KCF.
Recently, Gopal Bhandarkar had a party at his house. Approximately 30 families attended. The guests were requested not to bring any gifts. Instead they were requested to write a check for KCF of the amount equivalent of cost of gift the guest intended to give. Konkanis showed their generosity when it came to helping poor & needy Konkanis in India. A total of $ 6214 were collected that day. We request you to use such ideas for fund raising for KCF. Some Great reasons to contribute to Konkani Charitable Fund:
And above all, Charity improves your sense of wellbeing and strengthens your spiritual life. "Would you like to make a difference? Visit our web site. Glance at the list of approved charities In India. We keep adding charities to the list. If you are interested in donating to a specific charity and it does not appear in our list, please contact us and we will help you to get the charity on the KCF approved list."Many corporations offer matching gift programs. Please inquire with your employer's human resources department to find out if your company has a matching gift program so as to double your donation. You can help us by buying online at Smile.Amazon.com. You register only once. Every time you buy merchandize on Smile.Amazon.com worth $ 100, Amazon will donate 50 cents to KCF. Bookmark the link http://smile.amazon.com/ch/90-0482868 and support us every time you shop.
- KCF is dedicated to do humanitarian work to benefit needy Konkanis and organizations.
- KCF makes sure that the organizations receiving funds are approved by Government of India as Charitable organization & approved to receive funds from foreign countries.
- KCF gives scholarships to needy Konkani students to pursue higher education, and also provides help to senior citizen centers to provide improved quality of life to destitute, during their twilight years. KCF also grants money to organizations helping Physically & Mentally challenged children.
- KCF is an approved 501 (3) (C) charitable organization by the IRS, and all donations to KCF qualify for tax deduction as per IRS rules.
- KCF allows you to direct your donation to a specific charitable organization of your choice within the KCF approved list.
- KCF is managed solely by volunteers; hence 100% of your donation goes to charity
The most important thing in life is not how much you have but how much you gave!
Devu Baren Koro
KCF Board of Directors.
Founder /President Ramesh Kamath
President : Dr. Gopal Bhandarkar
Secretary-Treasurer : Mrs Veena Kamath
Dr. Surendra Shenoy
Dr Vijay Kumar Rao
Mrs Aruna Acharya
Dr Vasudev Shenoy
Dr. Gajanan Shanbhag
Director Emeritus :
Dr Ganesh Bhat
Prof Vinayak Kudva
Founder / President: